This time of year kicks off the busy party season with Halloween parties for kids, teens and adults. It can be a challenging time to try and plan a Halloween party for your school-age ghosts and goblims. Here are a few tricks and a couple of treats.
- School starting changes your child's social scene and making the guest list can be a potential landmine. Be sure to make sure last years shunned football squad, isn't this years best buddies. Discuss this again the DAY OF the event, so you aren't surprised.
- If your child is at a new school throwing a party to break the ice is NOT a good idea. If no one is able to come your child will be left holding the bag, and probably not wanting to go to school on Monday. Better to visit the downtown area where most local businesses host a trick-or-treat for kids. This gives him the chance to mingle with school chums outside of the classroom.
- Activities need to be considered carefully with the weather changing everyday from rain to sun to early frost. If your party is during the day, its still a good bet the kids can go outside. Cameron The Caterpillar gets the kids outside, and still protected from the elements. Its a great way to get out all that pent-up energy run-off with a large slide, teeth, and windows. (Watching them navigate the maze is as much fun as they have going through.)
- If indoors is the plan, why not make it a video arcade theme? Dance, Dance Revolution gets them up and moving and everybody interacting. If you are giving out prizes, keep a few extra on hand in the event of a tie. If you notice one of your guests struggling with interacting you can enlist their aid to help pass out gifts and party favors.
- Three hours is long enough for a kids party, but have a few back-up games on hand in case you find yourself with bored guests and extra time, or any other Boo-Ha-Has. Here are a few:
|CAMERON THE CATERPILLAR|
|Dance Dance Revolution|
- Zombie Dance
- Pass The Pumpkin
- Costume Contest
- A Charlie Brown's 'The Great Pumpkin' or your child's favorite video is a great way to wind down the party while parents are picking up their kids.
- Spaghetti is fun if you wanna tell the kids its brains (meatballs) and intestines (pasta) but be careful not to scare anyone into not eating.
- Goblin Feet
- Hot Dog Mummies
|Hot Dog Mummies|